Monday, July 18, 2016

Rolling The Dice: The end of #NxtEnt, Jerome's redemption

The main reason why I been gone. For those who heard "Dice," you can tell this is a track that wasn't meant for friendly words. The response came from a deleted soundcloud cut "Thanks 4 Nothing" by H.Y.P.e. Coming off of work I heard his cut, which actually explains the facts that #NxtEnt4Life is dead. Yes. The team i had and tried to build up from late 2010, had split late last year. It came to a point where me & H.Y.P.e. were the most consistent, and only ones by mid 2015. With $V, Mellow & Map had split from their duo within before Nxt did. The reasons for them, to this day I don't have solid facts. Mod & I are still close to this day. He just transferred to Temple after getting his associates, while still being my in-house for my hottest singles. Fifth, my blood 4life, still has a stock of tracks relevant and now has a lil one, which coincidentally her name is Nia. Once Thanks 4 Nothing came out, couple fans told me I need to respond. I originally said no and was just going to let it be, until sis called me on the bus. On my home to my S.O.A. family, she told me that she already set the session up, made a beat & even laid a verse. I sat on the bus like, "I'm really about to waste my night on this b.s." So I gave the platform to address how I had to make up for days homies didn't answer, when they went their separate routes, and how I responded to H.Y.P.e.'s factor of me going complacent. The turnaround was that "Dice" became one of my best tracks this years since no one expected me to roll it. Even before this track I address the situations on "Worth It," "If It Wasn't 4," and "Subliminal." To say, this wasn't one of my easiest trials, especially losing my unborn to an abortion, which wasn't my choice. Losing your team you call family, having the guilt and weight on your shoulders that you failed them,  losing a child, not my cups of tea. Where it goes from here, shit I don't know. But I will roll the dice one more time soon.